Please explore the archived lecture links to your left.
Each lecture page contains pictures, podcasts, and a description of the lecture. Enjoy!
About TAH NC Lectures
TAH NC provided a history lecture series to TAH NC participants and other area teachers as part of an in-service professional development activity. TAH NC lectures were free and open to the public, and took place each semester from Spring 2010 to Spring 2012.
The lectures were hosted on the University of North Carolina Wilmington's campus, and they coincided with TAH NC weekend content seminars. Speakers were chosen for the relevance of their expertise to the classroom needs of each year's cohort of TAH NC teachers.
TAH NC Lectures
- "Renegadoes: American Evangelicals' First Reckoning with Islam," by Christine L. Heyrman, Ph.D. - Spring 2010
- "Guns, Gold, and Civil War," by T.J. Stiles, Biographer - Fall 2010
- "American Catholicism in the 19th Century: Catholics and Anti-Catholics," by Patrick Allitt, Ph.D. - Spring 2011
- "The Emergence of the Skyscraper City," by Mike Wallace, Ph.D. - Fall 2011
- "The Scopes Trial," (Seminar) by Walter Conser, Ph.D. - Spring 2012
- "Woodrow Wilson: Politics & Heritage," by John Milton Cooper, Ph.D. - Spring 2012
Renegadoes: American Evangelicals' First Reckoning with Islam
Christine L. Heyrman, Ph.D.
Guns, Gold, and Civil War
T.J. Stiles, Biographer
American Catholicism in the 19th Century: Catholics and Anti-Catholics
Patrick Allitt, Ph.D.
The Emergence of the Skyscraper City
Mike Wallace, Ph.D.
The Scopes Trial (Seminar)
Dr. Walter Conser, Ph.D.
Woodrow Wilson: Politics & Heritage
John Milton Cooper, Ph.D.